A Gay-Straight Alliance is a student club that works to…
- Create a safe place for LGBTQ+ students and allies to be and advocate for themselves and others.
- Promote a more inclusive and accepting community and learning environment for all students.
- Reduce unexpected behavior or teasing, especially related to a person’s real or perceived sexual orientation or gender identity.
- Educate the school community and debunk stereotypes about LGBTQ individuals and issues.
- Empower young people to become leaders and role models within their school community.
- Have fun!